Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A bit from Jess...

Hey Everyone,
Mom invited me to contribute to this blog, so I'll be popping in occasionally to write a bit!

Today we went to the Livestock Auction, the first time in months to go when they are selling goats and cattle. A friend of mine wanted us to buy his goats, rather than have the meat buyers get them. (I'll get you some pictures soon, they are VERY pretty! They have a blue/purple sort of tinge to their hair, it's really pretty.)
Then we went to a friend's house to swim! We all had a good time, the water was warm, and even Mom got to enjoy herself (Amber and I finished before the others, and watched Isaac for her). Those swimming lessons that we took actually worked, and after a bit of nervousness the first time, Jacob, Amber, Bethany, Rebecca, and I are swimming around the deep end of the pool! (This is a major thing for me, because I've always been terrified of water, and panicked without a noodle or some other floatation device in the deep end!) Jacob and I love to dive to the bottom of the pool and swim there, especially when playing tag, Bethany and Rebecca can't follow us!

~Jessica
Btw, I now have a blog, here is the link: http://trucksr4girls.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Jessi!

I can't wait to see pix of the goats!

I've been swimming a lot lately. Sunday I swam twice at a friends house, yesterday I swam once at Zoe's (Kelsey) house, and Saturday I played on a slip 'n slide at my friends house.

OKGardners said...

Good report, Jessica. Keep writing and we want to see your finished kid's book soon.
(With cartoon horse drawings)

Show us the purple goats - we want to see them...

Glad you are enjoying swimming. I was always terrified of water, too. As a 4-yr-old I fell into the stock tank full of water while walking around the lip edge, but I slipped in! My brother saved my life by reaching in and grabbing my hair and pulling me up. Again as a teenager, a "friend" pushed me off a boat dock at 4 AM while I was with a bunch of 9th grade girlfriends as an End of School Party and I would have drowned from the shock of the COLD water and knowing that we had been watching snakes swimming by just before she pushed me in. (What a prank that almost ended in tragedy.) However, the Good Lord decided it wasn't my time to die. Another friend jumped in to help me get out of the lake water and I was so thankful for her help. I was literally going down for the 3rd time and had no more energy left AND there was a barbed wire fence that I would have to manuever over to get back to the dock. (The girl that pushed me in as a joke had no idea that the snakes OR the fence were out in that water.)

So.... that's my water fear stories and I still have a great respect for deep water and remembering the panic of being out of control while going under. NOT FUN! Be very careful while swimming and watch out for the younger ones.

Love, Grandma G.

Bill Russell said...

Hi Jess -- Happy to see you back online -- on-blog, that is. We've missed your writing and the stories you used to post. I'll mark your new blog as a favorite and check in one you from time to time.

Blessings to you!

Love, Grandpa